A Closer Look at Maternal and Child Health
Screening and intervention programs for children, youth, mothers and pregnant women can have positive effects throughout the lifespan. The Network can assist with a range of legal and policy issues that impact:
- Screening services, including newborn screening, immunizations and medical, vision, hearing and dental screening for children and youth.
- Early intervention services for young children.
- Nutrition, including breastfeeding, WIC and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
- Child safety, including injury prevention, child abuse reporting and anti-bullying.
- Funding for maternal and child health services, including Medicaid Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic and Treatment (EPSDT), Title V and Affordable Care Act provisions.
- Delivery systems and linkages, including managed care entities, Accountable Care Organizations, school-based services and health departments.
- Data retention/use/sharing and confidentiality, including newborn screening, minor consent and sharing between agencies and providers.
How we can help
Legal Research and Assistance
Experienced legal experts are available to answer questions and provide research, analysis and guidance. Let us know what you’re working on and together we can figure out how we can help.
Legal Assistance Library
Explore the Network’s Legal Assistance Library to find answers to commonly asked questions on a variety of public health topics.