COVID-19 Real-Time Legal Responses: Local Governments on the Frontlines
March 23 | 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. EST
Following a briefing of key COVID-19 legal updates, this real-time session centers on the legal and policy challenges faced by counties, cities, and other localities, as well as their departments of health and emergency management, across an array of public health powers and issues. After an initial presentation in the first 30 minutes, questions and comments are addressed in real-time.
View/download the Presentation Slides
This webinar will provide you with:
- An understanding of how federal and state emergency declarations change the legal landscape for local response efforts
- An assessment of the emerging, distinctive roles of local governments in response to COVID-19
- An examination of current and forthcoming law and policy challenges facing local governments and their agencies
- A consideration of the varied powers and constitutional limits of local emergency response powers
- Kayleen Klarich, Marketing and Membership Manager, Network for Public Health Law — National Office
- James G. Hodge, Jr. Director, Network for Public Health Law—Western Region Office
CLEs will not be provided for this webinar.