COVID-19 Real-Time Legal Response: Focus on Quarantine, Isolation, and Other Social Distancing Powers
March 16 | 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. EST
Following a brief series of COVID-19 legal updates, this real-time session focuses on an array of social distancing legal responses among federal, state, and local authorities, notably quarantine, isolation, school and other closures, and proposed “lockdowns.” After an initial presentation, questions and comments are addressed. We encourage you to submit your questions in advance when registering, or by email to email@example.com.
View/download the Presentation Slides
- Assess the legal bases for social distancing in response to COVID-19;
- Understand the core legal steps to engage quarantine and isolation;
- Consider varied powers of federal, state and local governments to institute school or other closures;
- Explore the constitutional limits of proposed lockdowns and other aggressive social distancing measures.
- Kayleen Klarich, Marketing and Membership Manager, Network for Public Health Law — National Office
- James G. Hodge, Jr. Director, Network for Public Health Law—Western Region Office
CLEs will not be provided for this webinar.