Webinars COVID-19Emergency Legal Preparedness and ResponseEmergency Response
COVID-19: Navigating Public Health Emergency Legal Responses Underlying Re-opening State/Local Economies
May 28 | 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. EST
After a brief overview of key COVID-19 epi and legal updates, this webinar focuses on emerging constitutional and other legal and policy challenges to state and local efforts to re-open their economies despite concerns of public health officials and health care practitioners over the potential for significant impacts on communal health.
View/download the Presentation Slides and
Slides: Navigating Public Health Emergency Legal Responses Underlying Re-opening State/Local EconomiesDownload
This webinar will provide you with:
- An assessment of emerging re-opening efforts among states and localities as part of national calls to reboot the economy
- Strategic public health law and policy responses among public and private sector entities to calls for greater re-opening efforts
- Identification of specific legal and policy controversies, cases, and approaches re: re-opening efforts nationally
- Projections of forthcoming resolutions of legal or policy issues in the interests of the public’s health
- Emily Carey, Legal Researcher, Network for Public Health Law — Western Region Office
- James G. Hodge, Jr., JD, LLM, Director, Network for Public Health Law—Western Region Office
- Sarah Wetter, JD, MPH, Consultant, Network for Public Health Law—Western Region Office
CLEs will not be provided for this webinar.