The State of State-level Public Health Advocacy
January 18, 2024 | 1 – 2:30 p.m. ET
The challenges surrounding public health advocacy are profound, yet many opportunities to strengthen it exist in every environment. Attend this webinar to hear about the findings of the recently released report, The State of State-level Public Health Advocacy, which examines specific markers of advocacy capacity and interviews with advocates in 50 states and the District of Columbia.
By attending this webinar, you will:
- Learn about opportunities, bright spots, and potential models for engaging funders, allies, and public health partners in advocating for public health.
- Obtain reasons to feel optimistic about the future of public health and a roadmap for how to build a robust, equitable, nationwide system of advocacy for the public’s health over the next decade.
- Hear about the six key findings identified from the research on the current state of public health advocacy in the U.S.
- Attica Scott, Director of Special Projects, Forward Justice Action Network, and Former Kentucky State Representative
- Martha Katz, Health Policy Consultant, Fighting for Public Health
- Leslie Zellers, Public Health & Public Policy Attorney, Act for Public Health
- Quang Dang, Lecturer, Department of Public Health Cal State East Bay and 50-State Scan Consultant