Medicaid’s Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic and Treatment Benefit: A Powerful Tool to Improve Child Health
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. EST | August 25, 2022
Medicaid covers an expansive and powerful benefit for children – Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic, and Treatment Services (EPSDT). EPSDT requires states to perform outreach and screening, and to cover all necessary medical, vision, hearing, and dental services when children need them.
View/download the Presentation Slides
Attend this webinar to:
- obtain an overview of the EPSDT benefit
- hear about major developments over the last few years, focusing on court cases enforcing EPSDT requirements
- learn about recent federal guidance on implementing the benefit
- Sarah Somers, JD, MPH, Managing Attorney, Network for Public Health Law—Southeastern Region Office
- Jane Perkins, JD, MPH, Senior Staff Attorney, Network for Public Health Law—Southeastern Region Office
Attendees may qualify for continuing legal education (CLE) credits. ASLME is an approved provider of CLEs in several states, and will also apply for CLE credits in other states upon request. An email from ASLME regarding CLE credits will be sent to attendees following the webinar.