Tackling Tough Public Health Problems through Cross-Sector Data Collaborations
February 28, 2019
Join us for an examination of how cross-sector data sharing initiatives are being used to tackle tough public health problems. The webinar will provide an in-depth look at a cross-sector collaboration in Illinois between public health, law enforcement, emergency medical services, a fire department and a jail aimed at addressing the needs of high utilizers of behavioral health services.
View/download the Presentation Slides
By attending this webinar, you will:
- Learn about innovative cross-sector data sharing efforts and the legal framework that supports them.
- Hear how the patchwork nature of current law presents challenges to developing and implementing cross-sector initiatives.
- Find out how current initiatives have dealt with these challenges
- Jennifer Bernstein, J.D., M.P.H., Deputy Director, Network for Public Health Law- Mid-States Region
- Cason Schmit, J.D., Assistant Professor, HIPAA Compliance Official, Texas A&M University
- Kathleen Kelly, M.P.A., Management Assistant to the County Manager, Coconino County, AZ.
You may qualify for CLE credit. ASLME is an approved provider of continuing legal education credits in several states ASLME will also apply for CLE credits in other states upon request. An email from ASLME regarding CLE credits will be sent to attendees following the webinar.