At the Network for Public Health Law (Network), we believe in the power of public health law and policy to improve lives and make our communities safer, healthier, stronger and more equitable. We know that understanding, navigating, and using law and policy can transform our communities so we work to help public health leaders, policymakers, researchers, educators, advocates, and health care providers do just that.
With the support of our fiscal sponsor, TSNE, we provide leadership, legal technical assistance, educational resources, and training to help public health practitioners, attorneys, policy makers, researchers, advocates, and communities engage in the development, implementation, and enforcement of laws to solve public health challenges nationwide.
The Network is seeking a Program Coordinator to assist in tracking and reporting on Network services, activities and products, and in managing the Network’s data base, along with special projects, including assisting in the planning of Network convenings.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
Network Program Evaluation and Impact Assessment
- Work with Program and Marketing teams to design and implement reports on Network services, activities, and products to include legal technical assistance, special projects, trainings, national convening’s and legal resources.
- Track grant, contract deliverables, and provide quarterly updates and
- Design surveys and coordinate collection for obtaining feedback on various services, activities and products including trainings, online resources and events and conferences.
- Classify, track, analyze and assist in reporting activities of Network audiences, including members, conference attendees, requestors, and experts.
- Provide reports on Network services.
- Reports to include trends in TA topics and questions, special projects underway, presentation and lectures, scholarship completed and media interviews by Network attorneys.
Data System Management
- Provide oversight of Network’s data system and lead the Database Policy Committee to develop guidelines and procedures for improvements to data system.
- Act as point of contact for Network staff on data system issues
- Work with Marketing team to ensure that all data are accurately classified and recorded.
- Track policy changes to data system management; communicate changes to Network employees.
- Work with National Office and Regions to develop customized reports. Automate reports for constituents.
- Provide all data from the system for formal reporting including the Network’s impact report.
- Trouble-shoot technical problems on an on-going basis.
- Serve as the liaison to data system vendor, obtaining software updates and technical assistance.
- Support the implementation of R grant deliverables relating to data collection and reporting.
- Provide project management: create work plans and timelines, coordinate activities, communicate with team members and ensure projects are completed on deadline.
- Assist in planning and attending Network convenings.
- Work with the marketing and communication team to analyze and compare Members, webinar attendees, conference attendees, requestors, and experts.
Other duties as assigned.
- A college degree in Public Health, Communications, Business, Science or related field and three years’ work experience.
- Experience in a customer service/support role a plus.
- Highly organized.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization staff, partners and vendors
- High comfort level with business technology.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn specialized databases.
- Strong project management skills including the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and with established time constraints.
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of people.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Experience working within nonprofit organization.
Location: Work will be primarily performed Edina, MN – Hybrid in office two days a week.
Compensation: The starting salary for this position is $50,000/yr and is commensurate with experience.
Benefits: This position is eligible for a full benefits package including:
- Generous Paid-Time-Off (PTO): 12 paid holidays, 3 weeks vacation, 1 week personal holiday, and health leave time for full-time staff;
- 80% Employer-paid, offering some $0 deductible Health Insurance through Harvard Pilgrim along with several low-deductible plans;
- Low-cost MetLife Dental and Vision;
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Health and Dependent Care;
- Employer-paid Life, Long- and Short-Term Disability Insurance;
- Employer-paid Pension through TIAA;
- …and more!