The Network for Public Health Law (Network)(networkforphl.org), with the support of its fiscal sponsor, TSNE, is a national organization providing leadership, legal technical assistance, and educational resources to help public health practitioners, attorneys, policymakers, researchers, advocates, and communities develop, implement, and enforce laws to solve public health challenges. The Network is a fiscally sponsored organization of TSNE (tsne.org).
The Network is seeking a Program Coordinator to join the team at its Mid-States Region Office to provide operations and program support. The Program Coordinator’s primary responsibility will be to assist the Mid-States team in managing a variety of projects and related activities. This work includes developing and maintaining an organized system for monitoring grants and contracts, tracking deliverables, reporting, and invoicing. Additional key duties will include corresponding with the public in response to email and telephone inquiries, supporting social media activities, contributing to the Region’s team-building activities, and providing logistical support for in-person meetings and events.
This is a fully remote position, with team members located across the country. The Network values collegiality, professionalism and consensus in its work and operations. As a team member, the Program Coordinator will work closely with all members of the Mid-States Region Office, as well as with team members from other Region Offices and the National Office.
For best consideration, please apply with a cover letter and resume by June 21, 2023.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
Project Management and Budget Support
- Develop and maintain an organized system for preparing and monitoring execution of grants and contracts, tracking and reporting on project deliverables, and preparing and submitting invoices.
- Assist with entering information and project activities in Network database.
- Assist with monitoring budgets and expenditures across projects, including preparing budgets and compiling financial reports from multiple sources.
- Participate in developing and monitoring implementation of the Mid-States Region’s strategic plan.
Events and Communications
- Assist with developing and disseminating various types of communication to internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide social media support to Region attorneys.
- Format and proofread documents.
- Assist with maintaining electronic listservs.
- Provide logistical support for in-person meeting and events.
Office Management and Administrative Support
- Coordinate internal and external meetings, including scheduling, compiling meeting agendas, recording and disseminating meeting minutes, and tracking completion of follow-up items.
- Contribute to updating and maintaining shared electronic filing systems.
- Contribute to Region team-building activities.
- Make travel arrangements and prepare expense reports.
- Order office supplies and coordinate purchase requests.
- We will consider exceptional candidates who demonstrate a strong combination of the specific qualifications and skills described below.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Minimum 3 or more years of work-related experience in executive support, project management, and/or communications, including social media.
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office competency (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Experience working in nonprofit organizations; interest in public health is preferred.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to communicate in a professional manner.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, and be positive, creative, willing to learn, and hard-working.
- Required to use good judgment, integrity, and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to travel once or twice per year.
Location: Work will be primarily performed Edina, MN – Hybrid in office two days a week.
Compensation: The starting salary for this position is $50,000/yr and is commensurate with experience.
Benefits: This position is eligible for a full benefits package including:
- Generous Paid-Time-Off (PTO): 12 paid holidays, 3 weeks vacation, 1 week personal holiday, and health leave time for full-time staff;
- 80% Employer-paid, offering some $0 deductible Health Insurance through Harvard Pilgrim along with several low-deductible plans;
- Low-cost MetLife Dental and Vision;
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Health and Dependent Care;
- Employer-paid Life, Long- and Short-Term Disability Insurance;
- Employer-paid Pension through TIAA;
- …and more!