At the Network for Public Health Law (Network), we believe in the power of public health law and policy to improve lives and make our communities safer, healthier, stronger and more equitable. We know that understanding, navigating, and using law and policy can transform our communities so we work to help public health leaders, policymakers, researchers, educators, advocates, and health care providers do just that.
The Network is seeking a Senior Program Coordinator to support our Executive Director in key initiatives and administrative activities. This role requires excellent planning, problem-solving aptitude, time management, nuanced relationship navigation, attention to detail, and the ability to meet deadlines while juggling multiple requests. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling information and professionalism in dealing with leaders inside and outside the Network is crucial.
Communication and Branding Support
- Provide support for meetings and events led by National Director, including scheduling, preparing presentations, and other meeting materials.
- Coordinate communications, conduct research, assist with outreach, and other tasks as needed.
- Identify and optimize thought leadership opportunities.
- Work closely with the National Director and communication team to draft opinion pieces to elevate thought leadership and create content for social media.
- Support elevation of organizational brand.
- Provide research, planning, and administrative support to the National Director in strategic planning and implementation.
- Support the development and implementation of the fundraising plan; track activities and deadlines.
- Support and promote understanding of DEIB values among staff and improve practices in coordination with the leadership.
Administrative Support and Board Coordination
- Perform a range of routine to complex administrative duties in support of the executive leadership.
- Coordinate executive meetings and calendars based on priorities and travel coordination. Assist National Director in managing priorities, and act as the point of contact for meeting requests.
- As needed, attend meetings and events, including the Network’s national conference, and provide support for various initiatives as assigned.
- Coordinate and track activities related to Network Advisory Board, including maintaining member contact and biographic information, service terms, and other related information.
- Provide support for board meetings and events, including communication, scheduling, preparing meeting materials, securing meeting/event venues, and coordinating travel, lodging, and other logistics.
- Manage National Advisory Board information and data on program activities and prepare minutes and reports.
Key Job Elements:
- Internal and external communication and branding
- Strategy support and implementation
- Ability to work with diverse groups located around the country
- Discretion with confidential information
- This position does not supervise staff
We will consider exceptional candidates who demonstrate a strong combination of the specific qualifications and skills described below.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Minimum 5 or more years of work-related experience in administrative support, communications and marketing, including social media.
- Experience working with different levels of leadership; strong customer service skills.
- Experience working in nonprofit organizations; interest in public health is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and experience with databases.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, and be positive, creative, willing to learn, and hard-working.
- Required to use good judgment, integrity, and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to travel once or twice a year.
- Highly organized
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Project management – ability to work on diverse projects with multiple deadlines
- Sound judgment in communicating and sharing information
Compensation and Benefits
Location: Work will be primarily performed Washington, D.C. metro area. Work is eligible for some remote work.
Compensation: The starting salary for this position is $60,000/yr and is commensurate with experience.
Benefits: This position is eligible for a full benefits package including:
- Generous Paid-Time-Off (PTO): 12 paid holidays, 3 weeks vacation, 1 week personal holiday, and sick time for full-time staff;
- 80% Employer-paid, $0 deductible Health Insurance through Harvard Pilgrim;
- Low-cost MetLife Dental and Vision;
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Health and Dependent Care;
- Employer-paid Life, Long- and Short-Term Disability Insurance;
- Employer-paid Pension through TIAA;
- …and more!