At the Network for Public Health Law (Network), we believe in the power of public health law and policy to improve lives and make our communities safer, healthier, stronger and more equitable. We know that understanding, navigating, and using law and policy can transform our communities so we work to help public health leaders, policymakers, researchers, educators, advocates, and health care providers do just that.
The Network is seeking a Senior Program Coordinator to support our National Director in key initiatives and administrative activities. This role requires excellent planning, problem-solving aptitude, time management, nuanced relationship navigation, attention to detail, and the ability to meet deadlines while juggling multiple requests. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling information and professionalism in dealing with leaders inside and outside the Network is crucial.
This is a hybrid position, based in the D.C. metro area. The Senior Program Coordinator reports to the National Director.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform a range of routine to complex administrative duties in support of the executive leadership.
- Provide support for meetings and events led by National Director, including scheduling, preparing presentations, and other meeting materials.
- Coordinate executive meetings and calendars based on priorities and travel coordination. Assist National Director in managing priorities, and act as the point of contact for meeting requests.
- As needed, attend meetings and events, including the Network’s national conference, and provide support for various initiatives as assigned.
- Coordinate communications, conduct research, assist with outreach, and other tasks as needed.
- Establish, organize, and maintain a file system for various administrative, reference, and follow-up activities.
- Coordinate and track activities related to Network Advisory Board, including maintaining member contact and biographic information, service terms, and other related information.
- Provide support for board meetings and events, including communication, scheduling, preparing meeting materials, securing meeting/event venues, and coordinating travel, lodging, and other logistics.
- Manage National Advisory Board information and data on program activities and prepare minutes and reports.
- Provide research, planning, and administrative support to the National Director in strategic planning and implementation.
- Support the development and implementation of the fundraising plan; track activities and deadlines.
- Identify and optimize thought leadership opportunities.
- Work closely with the National Director and communication team to draft social media and opinion pieces to elevate thought leadership.
- Support and promote understanding of DEIB values among staff and improve practices in coordination with the leadership.
Work will be primarily performed remotely and is eligible for 100% remote work. The starting salary for this position is $60,000/yr and is commensurate with experience. This position is eligible for a full benefits package including:
- Generous Paid-Time-Off (PTO): 12 paid holidays, 3 weeks vacation, 1 week personal holiday, and sick time for full-time staff.
- 80% Employer-paid, $0 deductible Health Insurance through Harvard Pilgrim.
- Low-cost MetLife Dental and Vision.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Health and Dependent Care.
- Employer-paid Life, Long- and Short-Term Disability Insurance.
- Employer-paid Pension through TIAA.
- …and more!
Please apply by February 28, 2023 for best consideration.