The Network for Public Health Law works to improve America’s health by helping those who grapple with the legal complexities of emergency preparedness, environmental health, health care reform, the use of health data and the many other pressing challenges of modern public health. The Network strives to build the field of public health law, strengthen the role of law in public health practice, and foster connections among officials, practitioners, attorneys, researchers, advocates and others committed to improving health.
The Network for Public Health Law is a fiscally-sponsored project of TSNE MissionWorks.
The Network is seeking a full-time Program Associate to join its National Office in Minnesota. The Program Associate is responsible for supporting program activities for the Network. The Program Associate must have the ability to work collaboratively within project teams, and interact effectively with staff, leadership, consultants, members, funders and sponsors. This position provides project and administrative support as assigned, and reports to the Program Manager.
Program Coordination, Support and Evaluation
- Assist in managing information and data on program activities and prepare reports; serves on Data Policy Committee.
- Collaborate with Senior Program Coordinator to ensure Network activities are entered in data system in a timely manner.
- Assist Senior Program Manager and Senior Program Coordinator in conducting surveys and prepare evaluations.
- Assist with preparing evaluations and reports for events and conferences.
- Run reports from the data system as requested by the Senior Program Manager.
- Analyze all activity entries on a weekly basis, correct errors, and clarify details as needed.
- Collaborate with the Senior Program Coordinator to develop and maintain a data system manual, as well as to provide one-on-one trainings for staff.
- Populate online library:
- Assist Senior Program Coordinator in identifying compelling entries and drafting articles.
- Work with contributors on accuracy of articles and facilitate review.
- Publish articles.
- Collaborate with Senior Program Coordinator to provide monthly reports detailing Network services.
- Reports to include trends in topics and issues, special projects underway, presentation and lectures, scholarship completed and media interviews.
- Assist Membership and Marketing Manager with membership database.
- Assist Marketing Manager in coordinating with webinar presenters and moderator, schedule planning meetings and webinar run through.
- Collect webinar slides and load into Webex system.
- Assist digital marketing coordinator in running webinars.
- Prepare webinar summaries and distribute to presenters and moderator.
- Maintain webinar evaluation data.
- Prepare and distribute continuing legal education credits (CLE) report to CLE processor.
- Prepare all Webinar reports in membership database.
- Enter appropriate webinar data in data system.
- Assist Marketing and Communications team to ensure website content is up-to-date, posting new content.
- Assist with social media accounts, post new content as directed.
- Track and report web and social media metrics.
Meetings and Conferences
- Send scheduling polls and assist to select date/time and communicate with attendees.
- Take minutes and disseminate summaries and actions steps as needed.
- Make sure participants have information needed to access the meeting.
- Assist with conferences and summits as directed by Senior Program Manager.
We will consider exceptional candidates who demonstrate a strong combination of the specific qualifications and skills described below.
- An undergraduate degree in Communications, Business, Health, Sociology, Science or related field or three years’ work experience. Experience in a customer service/support role as well as experience with databases preferred.
- Highly organized.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High comfort level with business technology.
- Strong project management skills including the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and with established time constraints.
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of people.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Experience working within nonprofit organizations.
For best consideration, please apply by April 30th, 2020.
TSNE/The Network for Public Health Law envisions a society grounded in the principles of social and economic justice. As such, we strive to achieve excellence through a diverse and inclusive workplace that honors the unique talents and lived experiences of each person. Our vision and values are reflected in all our employment-related decisions, including hiring practices. Accordingly, TSNE actively seeks people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in our work.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE/The Network for Public Health Law will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, veteran or disability status or any other factor prohibited by law.