At the Network for Public Health Law (Network), we believe in the power of public health law and policy to improve lives and make our communities safer, healthier, stronger and more equitable. We know that understanding, navigating, and using law and policy can transform our communities so we work to help public health leaders, policymakers, researchers, educators, advocates, and health care providers do just that.
With the support of our fiscal sponsor, TSNE, we provide leadership, legal technical assistance, educational resources, and training to help public health practitioners, attorneys, policy makers, researchers, advocates, and communities engage in the development, implementation, and enforcement of laws to solve public health challenges nationwide.
The Network is seeking a Communications Manager to help successfully raise our national profile, engage with our key constituents, expand our reach, and improve our support to communities around the country. The Communications Manager must be social media savvy with excellent verbal and written communication skills, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. This position will be responsible for implementing and managing communications campaigns, and developing written and creative content. This position is a hybrid/remote position and can be based in Minneapolis, Minnesota or in the D.C. metro area.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- In collaboration with Executive Director, Managing Director, and Associate Director of Marketing undertake initiatives and activities to raise the Network’s profile.
- Develop and implement the Network’s communications plan, including managing activities and timelines.
- Work closely with Executive Director to produce content, including op-eds, articles, and other materials to enhance thought leadership and visibility.
- Support development of organizational communications, including reflecting the Network’s diversity, equity and inclusion values, as well as stories of impact; ensure consistency in messaging across Network.
- Write and produce annual report, providing design and content direction as needed.
- Assist in development of concept papers, communications and materials, including e-newsletters and presentations, to support fundraising efforts.
- Develop and post web content.
- Manage media relations, including responding to media inquiries, pitching stories, and developing relationships with journalists.
- Manage constituent contact data using the Network’s CRM system and track and report audience engagement metrics.
Social Media Management
- Develop and execute the organization’s social media strategy.
- Create and manage social media content, including blog posts, articles, images, videos, and infographics.
- Engage with followers on social media, responding to comments and questions.
- Measure the success of social media engagement and campaigns, using analytics tools to track engagement, reach, and website traffic.
- Stay up-to-date on social media trends and best practices.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as marketing, sales, and customer service, to ensure that social media is used to support the organization’s overall goals.
Events and Conference Support
- Support Associate Director of Marketing to produce monthly webinars (using Zoom Webinar) and provide support to speakers.
- Support production and coordination of virtual and hybrid events.
- Manage the publishing of recordings of webinars and conference sessions to the Network’s YouTube channel.
- In coordination with Associate Director of Marketing, lead communications campaigns for conferences and other events; provide on-site communications and support.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, mass communication, English or related.
- Minimum of five years professional experience in communications.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to communicate in a professional manner.
- Strong knowledge of social content best practices and content specifications across all social channels; proficiency with social media engagement tools.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask; capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects with different deadlines.
- Ability to make independent judgement in evaluating options to make sound decisions.
- Strong work ethic, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Support diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging practices.
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office competency (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), proficiency with graphic design tools (Photoshop, InDesign, Canva, etc), and experience with web content management systems.
Compensation: The starting salary for this position is $70,000/yr and is commensurate with experience.
Benefits: This position is eligible for a full benefits package including:
- Generous Paid-Time-Off (PTO): 12 paid holidays, 3 weeks vacation, 1 week personal holiday, and health leave time for full-time staff;
- 80% Employer-paid, offering some $0 deductible Health Insurance through Harvard Pilgrim along with several low-deductible plans;
- Low-cost MetLife Dental and Vision;
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Health and Dependent Care;
- Employer-paid Life, Long- and Short-Term Disability Insurance;
- Employer-paid Pension through TIAA;
- …and more!