Thursday, June 4 at 2:00 p.m. ET. -- Listen to and watch the playback.
This webinar will provide an overview of the first cycle of Community Health Needs Assessments (CHNA) and Implementation Strategies (IS) completed by North Carolina nonprofit hospitals as required by the Affordable Care Act. This project was conducted in partnership with the NC Community Health Improvement Collaborative (NC-CHIC), working to identify best practices and models for improving Affordable Care Act implementation including conducting collaborative CHNAs among local public health agencies, hospitals, and other community stakeholders.
- Understand best practices in developing Community Health Needs Assessments and Implementation Strategies aligned with North Carolina nonprofit hospitals and local public health departments
- Identify collaborative approaches and recommendations for improving community health
- Describe the North Carolina Community Health Improvement Collaborative and current initiatives using shared strategies among hospitals, health departments, and community partners
- Karen Wade, MSPH, UNC GillingsSchool of Global Public Health
- Gene Matthews, JD, Network for Public Health Law -Southeastern Region, UNC GillingsSchool of Global Public Health
- Jeff Spade, FACHE, NC Hospital Association, NC Center for Rural Health
This webinar is presented by the North Carolina Hospital Association, the North Carolina Institute for Public Health, and the Network for Public Health Law.