Program Development Coordinator – Part Time
The Network for Public Health Law works to improve America’s health by helping those who grapple with the legal complexities of emergency preparedness, environmental health, health care reform, the use of health data and the many other pressing challenges of modern public health. The Network strives to build the field of public health law, strengthen the role of law in public health practice, and foster connections among officials, practitioners, attorneys, researchers, advocates and others committed to improving health.
The Program Development Coordinator is responsible for supporting program and fundraising activities for the Network. The Program Development Coordinator must have the ability to work collaboratively within project teams, and interact effectively with staff, leadership, consultants, members, funders and sponsors. This position provides project development, management and administrative support as assigned, and reports to the Program Manager.
Program Coordination and Support
- Coordinate and track activities related to Network Advisory Board, including maintaining member contact and biographic information, service terms and other related information. Serve as point of contact for Advisory Board members.
- Provide support for board meetings and events, including scheduling, preparing meeting materials, securing meeting/event venues, coordinating travel, lodging and other logistics.
- Assist in managing information and data on program activities and prepare reports; serves on Data Policy Committee.
- Assist in planning and coordination of webinars and other training events.
- As-needed, attend meetings and events, including the Network’s national conference, and provide support for various projects as assigned.
- Provides support in implementation of development plan; track activities and deadlines.
- Work with communications staff to write and produce mailings, presentations, newsletters and other materials.
- Work with fundraising database to manage and track activities related to current members, funders and prospects, and prepare reports.
- Provide support in tracking and reporting grant deliverables.
- Research and provide intelligence on potential grants and funding opportunities.
- Assist in writing and proofing grant proposals as-needed; track deadlines.
- Coordinate outreach for conference calls and communications with various staff, fundraising consultants, grant writers, funders and donors.
- Provide support for various fundraising activities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Minimum 3 years of work related experience in fundraising, sponsorship, communications or marketing.
- Experience working with different levels of leadership; strong customer service skills.
- Experience working in nonprofit organizations; interest in public health is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills with ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and experience with databases.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, and be positive, creative, willing to learn, and hard working.
- Required to use good judgment, integrity, and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to travel once or twice a year.
Please apply by Monday, August 21, 2017.