Dr. Sandro Galea — Dean and Robert A. Knox Professor,
Boston University School of Public Health
The Network is pleased to announce Dr. Sandro Galea as Keynote for the 2018 Public Health Law Conference. Dr. Galea is a leading advocate for public health approaches that are rooted in social justice, emphasizing the need to address socio-economic disadvantages and historical and present-day injustices, including poverty, unsafe housing, limited access to care, and institutional racism. Dr. Galea was named one of "Time" magazine’s epidemiology innovators, and has been listed by Thomson Reuters as one of the “World’s Most Influential Scientific Minds.” Learn more about Dr. Galea.
View the Leaders in Health Justice Plenary.
View preliminary conference schedule.
Attendees get access to the following workshops when they register for pre-conference workshops:
- Public Health Law Academy – Train the Trainer
- Hands-On Methods Training in Policy Surveillance: A Crash Course in Legal Mapping Techniques and Tools
- Student Network: Career Paths in Public Health Law and Policy
- Sharing Data Across Sectors to Improve the Health of Communities
- Public Health Law in a Nutshell: Pillars, Policies, Practices
View the pre-conference workshop schedule.